#1 Tahini Banana Date Shake
5-Minute, creamy and delicious tahini banana date shake with unsweetened almond milk and a dash of cinnamon!
Drink this shake as a nutrition-packed, dairy-free breakfast shake, or use as an afternoon pick-me-up. It’s so good, you’ll think you’re having dessert! (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- 2 frozen bananas, sliced
- 4 pitted Medjool dates
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cupcrushed ice
- 1 ½ cup sun sweetened almond milk
- Pinch ground cinnamon
Place ingredients in your blender. Run blender until you achieve a smooth and creamy shake.
(Or make a chocolate power milk shake)
#2 Roasted White Beans with Vegetables
- 1 ¼cup dry white beans
- ½cup olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper chopped in small pieces
- 1 green bell pepper chopped in small pieces
- 1 onion grated
- 1 garlic clove sliced
- 7-8cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste diluted with 1/4 cup of water
- Ground Pepper
- Salt to taste
- Soak beans overnight
- Rinse and simmer beans for about 30 minutes until soft but not mushy, drain and set aside
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C)
- Chop vegetables and then in a large bowl mix the peppers, grated onion, garlic, beans, olive oil, tomato paste mixture, oregano, and pepper. Mix gently as to not break the beans.
- Add the halved cherry tomatoes and mix gently.
- Pour into casserole dish.
- Add ¼ cup hot water to the dish pouring it in a corner and tilting the dish so that the water spreads (do not pour over as this will wash off the olive oil).
- Cover with aluminum foil and roast for about 1 hour until peppers are soft.
- Remove foil and roast for about 10 minutes if you want some browning. Be careful not to leave it uncovered too long, otherwise, the beans will dry out.
- Remove from oven, let it cool and add salt as needed
- Serve plain or with feta cheese.
#3 Crunchy Granola
- 2 ½ cups of old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¾ cup shelled pistachios ¾ cup shelled and diced walnuts
- ½ cup sunflower seed
- 3 tablespoons raw sesame seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup honey warmed up so it’s runny
- ½ cup tahini
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped Medjool dates (about 6 dates, pitted and chopped)
- ½ cup dry cranberries or cherries
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the oats, pistachios, walnuts, sunflower seed, and sesame seeds, and coconut flakes in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the honey, tahini, olive oil, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and cardamom. Pour over the oat mixture and toss until the oat mixture is well-coated.
- Spread the mixture on a large sheet pan in one single layer. Bake in the heated oven, stirring every 7 to 10 minutes until the mixture is golden and well-toasted (anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes)
- Remove from the heat and allow the granola to cool completely. Break it up into clusters and mix in the dates and cranberries (or other dried fruits of your choice).